The 2017 Triangle Heart Walk is THIS SUNDAY, October 1! Be sure to keep an eye on your inbox - as we'll announce a new challenge every day this week with great prizes!
See below for all the information you'll need for Sunday's Walk!
Place & Time
PNC Arena – Gates open at 12PM, Festivities begin at 12:30PM and 1-Mile Fun Run at 1:15 at the traditional 1 & 3 mile Walk will start at 2PM.
**Any walkers who arrive to the site after 1:45PM will not be allowed on the site until after the walk is over due to road closures for the Walk route.**
Turn in any cash/check donations at the Schneider Electric Registration Tent. Please be sure all envelopes are clearly marked with the walker's first and last name who the donation should be credited to.
One representative from your company will need to pick up your company sign. Company signs will be located next to the Schneider Electric Registration Tent. You can use this to make your team's meeting spot visible to all team members. Community Teams team signs will be located under the Community Teams tent.
Parking proximity will be on a first come basis. Please follow PNC Arena traffic officers to assigned parking spots. Parking is free. Top Walker VIP parking passes will be sent via email directly to those individuals who raise $1,000 or more.
The 1 and 3 mile walk routes are fairly flat, beginning and ending outside the PNC Arena. Walk Day programs with route maps will be available at the Schneider Electric Registration Tent.
**Strollers and dogs on leashes are welcome, but bicycles, motorcycles and skate boards are not permitted.
We walk rain or shine!
Top Walker VIP Lounge
Walkers who individually raise $1,000 or more by walk day are officially invited to join us in our Top Walker VIP Lounge the day of the Walk. Kick back and watch the Panthers football game while enjoying heart healthy tailgate snacks! These walkers will receive a special VIP parking pass by email on Friday, September 29.
What to Do
Festivities begin at 12:30PM, and we will have all sorts of fun and educational activities for the entire family, all while enjoying live music from local band Four Founders!
- Learn more about the AHA and our programs. Information on our new Healthy For Good pillars: Move More, Eat Smart, Add Color, and Be Well!
- Visit Duke Health’s tents for a variety of information and activities! • Participate in the Bubble Wrap Stomp at 2:00pm at the stage!
- Create a video at the Dr. Scholl’s Get Up and Go area!
- Survivors can pick up their Red or White Survivor Caps, share your story the Belk Survivor Appreciation Tent.
- Pick up your Tribute Sticker to tell us who you are walking in honor of at the FujiFilm Diosynth Biotechnologies Tribute Tent!
- Sign our Life is Why TRIBUTE WALL.
- Visit the Kids Zone for fun activities for our youngest heart heroes!