Peninsula Heart Walk
Saturday, October 20, 2018 at Peninsula Town Center
Join walkers from across our community as they step out to have fun, get inspired & support a meaningful cause.
Festivites begin at 8am
Walk to start about 9am
Please note, our event is rain or shine.
- Heart Walk activities will be held in the Town Center area between Barnes and Noble and Sushi King.
- Program & Activities begin at 8:00am / Walk will start at approximately 9:00 am
- The attached Heart Walk route is about 1-mile. Walkers may choose to walk the route twice for a little over a 2-mile route.
- Dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash.
- Feel free to bring balloons, signs, and anything else to show your team spirit.
- Please bring all donations to the Donation and Information tent on the corner of Merchant Lane and Kilgore Avenue.
Need some inspiration? Check out Frances and her survivor story here or watch Brock and Zane Wagner’s Survivor Story here (two of our littlest survivors).
Layout of Peninsula Heart Walk activity area:
Peninsula Heart Walk route:
The Southside Heart Walk is Saturday, November 3rd at 9am at Mt. Trashmore Park in Virginia Beach!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the walk?
Peninsula Town Center
How long is the walk?
Are there other activities?
Are dogs allowed?
Yes, leashed dogs are allowed and water bowls will be available for drinking.
Will food be provided?
There will be a food tent in the festival area for all participants with light refreshments.
Will water be available?
Yes, there is one water station along the walk route and one within the festival area.
Where are the bathrooms?
Restrooms are located at the event expo site.
Is the event handicap accessible?
Yes, the route is handicap accessible.
Are strollers allowed on the path?
Strollers are allowed.
What if it rains on the day of the event?
The Heart Walk will go on rain or shine. In the event of severe weather conditions we will notify participants via the website about the status of the event.
When will I receive my T-Shirt?
Walkers who raise $100+ will be eligible to receive a T-Shirt. T-Shirts are ordered after the event concludes so all fundraising can be accounted for prior to placing orders. Heart Walk staff will be reaching out to coaches and company leaders to arrange t-shirt pick-up and delivery.