2017 Greater Washington Heart Walk
Saturday, November 4, 2017
Life is why we walk.
Thanks to all our walkers, donors and volunteers who have accepted the challenge to help fight heart disease and stroke. We cannot achieve our mission without each one of you!
Date & Time
Check-In 8:30 AM
Starts 10:00 AM
Length of Walk 5K or 3.1 mile non-competitive walk
The National Mall
1000 Jefferson Dr SW
Washington, DC 20560
Your Greater Washington Region Heart Walk Team
Email Your Greater Washington Region Heart Walk Team
We aren't just walking. We're Heartwalking! Thank you for joining nearly 1 million Americans at 305 events across the country to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
How can you make a positive difference in the lives of your friends, family and co-workers? Join the Heart Walk, start Heartwalking and make the commitment to lead a heart healthy life and become healthy for good. Remember- we're not only raising funds, we're raising heartbeats!
Get Involved Right Now:
- Register to walk and fundraise! The 2017 Greater Washington Heart Walk aims to raise more than $2,500,000 this year for our fight against heart disease and stroke. We can't do without dedicated fundraisers getting out there and engaging with their communities.
- You can register as a Coach and lead your own team or walker-fundraisers! Coaches help us by recruiting friends, family, neighbors, and colleagues to be a part of a walking and fundraising team. Lead a team, help a cause!
- You can register to walk as part of an existing team! If you know someone who is leading a team at this year's Heart Walk, get involved with their team!
- You can register to walk as an individual! No need to make it complicated - if you want to participate, but don't necessarily want to be on a specific team or don't have a ton of spare time, you can register without a team affiliation! Come one, come all!
- Volunteer! The American Heart Association relies on the contribution of volunteers across the country to help us get the job done. To find out more about volunteering for the 2017 Greater Washington Heart Walk, please follow the links below!
- Donate! Donate to our lifesaving, science-based mission to eradicate cardiovascular disease and stroke. Our impact goal by 2020 is to improve the cardiovascular health of all Americans by 20% while reducing the number of deaths from cardiovascular disease and stroke by 20%! Help us get there!