2018 Austin Heart & Stroke Walk
October 20, 2018
Life is why we walk.
Thanks to all our walkers, donors and volunteers who have accepted the challenge to help fight heart disease and stroke. We cannot achieve our mission without each one of you!
Join us on Saturday, October 20th at the Long Center
We look forward to celebrating with you tomorrow at the Austin Heart Walk! Working together with our city officials and volunteer leaders, we have decided to cancel the 5k portion of the event. The event and all activities will still continue, and what was previously the 5k will now be a 1-mile walk, to keep all attendees safe during the current inclement weather conditions.
Due to increased water levels from the recent flooding, and in collaboration with the City of Austin we have made the following adjustments:
We have shortened the walk to 1-mile and will stay on Riverside Drive for the entire course. Updated Route Map
- I-35 can be taken to any of the downtown exits or the Riverside exit. You can park at the Long Center, along Riverside, downtown, or south of Riverside
- 71 to Lamar Blvd to Barton Springs. You can park at The Long Center or in that area
- Mopac to Enfield/15th to Guadalupe to downtown. You can find parking downtown, along Riverside, at The Long Center, or south of Riverside.
Please Avoid the Following:
- Cesar Chavez between Mopac and Congress Avenue
- Lamar Blvd between 6th and 15th Street
Auditorium Shores will be shut down and the City of Austin has asked that you please avoid going to the park.
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow!!!