In order to control the spread of COVID-19, the CDC is recommending postponing events and gatherings with crowds of 10 or more. As a result, we have adopted strategies that allow participants to fully experience the spirit of Heart Walk wherever they are. This year marks the 27th Anniversary of the Metro Detroit Heart and Stroke Run Walk/Run, so starting on May 17th we will be launching 27 days of content culminating in a city-wide effort to celebrate our impact on June 13th. Activities will include a virtual leaderboard, suggested routes to run your own 5K, training tips, more opportunities for you to engage with our mission digitally, and healthy living resources to look after yourself and your loved ones while social distancing.
We thank you for your continued support of our organization and the Metro Detroit Heart and Stroke Run Walk/Run movement. We realize that many have been impacted both professionally and personally, and so grateful for your continued generosity at a time that is so difficult for all. Your commitment to participate and fundraise furthers our lifesaving mission and helps the AHA respond to the current coronavirus pandemic in many ways. We can’t wait to “see” you participating virtually to celebrate a milestone year!
- Follow along on Facebook starting at 9:30am
- Download our Virtual Heart Walk Toolkit today!
- Participate in Spirit Week Activities
- Download a Tribute Sign sponsored locally by Wayne State University
- Download a 5k Runner or Survivor Runner bib sponsored locally by Barton Malow Company
- Download other HW Volunteer bibs such as Survivor, Top Walker, Coach, Executive Challenge and more
- Race Results