Allie's Army13 Members
We Walk to Save Lives!
2023 Tennessee Valley Heart Walk
The photo for my page was one of the last photos I took before my stroke on April 18, 2023. It's a prime example of why strokes are called the "Silent Killers". I had absolutely no clue what was about to come.
- Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States has a stroke.
- Every 3 minutes and 14 seconds, someone dies of stroke.
- Every year, more than 795,000 people in the United States have a stroke.
- Globally, 1 in 4 people over the age of 25 will have a stroke in their lifetime.
- Almost 1 in 4 stroke survivors will have a second stroke.
Heart disease is still the no. 1 killer and stroke ranks no. 5 in our nation. You could do something to change that.
We are walking together - not only for our own health, but also for yours. And for the health of our parents, our children, and our grandchildren, and our friends.
Be a relentless force. Be a supporter of critical research. Be a lifesaver. Be a part of an unstoppable team. Join Allie's Army and walk to save lives.