This year I'm participating in the 2020 Metro Detroit Virtual Heart Walk because I know that my community needs me. Heart disease is the number one killer of those we love, and I want to change that. WIth your help WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
With all that is happening in the world, our country and in our community with COVID-19, I'm proud to share what the American Heart Association is doing to help:
- Advocating at the state and federal level for an increase in PPE and free testing
- Raising funds to provide CPR training kits to parents of high-risk infants, as most hospital NICU and education departments have either cancelled or limited their newborn parenting classes.
- Investing $2.5 million in fast-tracked research grants to provide results within 9-12 months to better understand the diagnosis, prevention, treatment and clinical management of COVID-19 as it relates to heart and brain health.
- Awarding $14 million in research grants focused on healthy technology solutions and special projects related to COVID-19.
- Brahmajee Nallamothu, M.D., M.P.H. at University of Michigan received $2.5 million to build and test mobile health apps that leverage wearables like smartwatches to improve physical activity and nutrition in hypertensive patients
- Through Get With The Guidelines, we’ve created a nation-wide patient registry to help manage patients while collecting data and outcomes for future research to understand potential COVID-19 treatments.
Will you be a Heart Walk Hero with me?
Your donation will fund groundbreaking research that literally keeps hearts beating and helps people have longer, healthier lives.
Have a heart and help me reach my goal today!