You're the Cure - Minnesota30 Members
Why We Walk
2020 Twin Cities VIRTUAL Heart Walk
You're the Cure - Minnesota
We’re walking for Gerry.
In 2014, Gerry started working as the Marketing and Communications Specialist at the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation. A few months into his job, he started feeling discomfort in his chest, and because he knew the symptoms and potential consequences, he went to urgent care, saw a cardiologist, and had quintuple bypass surgery.
Many of you knew Gerry through his engagement with AHA’s advocacy committee. He started volunteering with our organization after his recovery in 2015, and he became one of our top volunteers:
- He sat down with former Congressman Erik Paulsen during an August Recess to ask for his support in funding for Cardiac Rehab.
- Flew out to Washington D.C. for the National Lobby Day in 2017 to advocate for AHA’s Federal priorities.
- Became a member of the Minnesota State Advocacy Committee
- Volunteered at multiple Twin Cities Heart Walks and attended You’re the Cure Summits
- Attended the Telephone-CPR Legislative Breakfast, and delivered information to his state Lawmakers
We received sad news that Gerry Yumul unexpectedly passed away on Monday, September 2, 2019.
The Heart Walk is a time of celebration, joy and inspiration. People unified in support of a single goal: to see a world free of heart disease and stroke.
Be a Heart Walk Hero with us and together we’ll help save lives.