2021 (GWR) Lawyers Have Heart 10k Race, 5K Run, and Fun Walk
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How is the AHA helping in response to COVID-19?
In addition to funding lifesaving research and health initiatives in our community, our support of the American Heart Association is helping combat COVID-19 in many ways. Below are a few examples, and please visit https://www.heart.org/en/coronavirus to learn more.
- Committing $2.5 million to fast-track research grants to better understand COVID-19 and its interaction with the body’s cardiovascular and cerebrovascular systems.
- Helping to meet the needs of health care workers by launching a new course on Oxygenation and Ventilation for COVID-19 patients in response to the shortage of masks and ventilators, offering training on how to safely administer CPR, and adding a COVID-19 data registry through Get with the Guidelines to better manage existing patients.
- We are helping to accelerate antiviral drugs to combat COVID-19. Through the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, AHA technologies are being used in the COVID-19 response which may lead to better diagnoses and treatments.
- Working with federal and state governments to ensure families have access to care, and that children who are at-risk of missing meals due to schools being closed are still looked after.
- Providing businesses with essential resources to help their employees stay healthy and active.
Will the 2021 Lawyers Have Heart be in person?
With the health and safety of our participants reamaining our top priority, this year's race will again be a digital experience. With no graphic boundaries, we will recruit colleagues, friends (four-legged too!), and family members from around the world to #RUNLHH right at home, and together we will continue the fight to end heart disease and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Do I still need to register for the event?
YES! As a registered participant you will gain access to a full suite of our event resources. Those that pay the registration fee will receive a special edition 31st Anniversary Lawyers Have Heart t-shirt as well as a finisher medal and personalized race bib and most importantly, you will be contributing to the American Heart Association’s mission of being a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives.
What is the cost for registering to the race?
There are two options when registering for the race:
• Digital Participant – There is no cost for this option, but you can still donate to the cause and become a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives!
• Heart Hero – You can become a Heart Hero for $49 and you will receive a race t-shirt, the finisher medal, and your personalized race bib! These items will be shipped directly to the location of your choice. The Heart Hero registration cost will increase to $59 on May 1st, 2021.
What is the last day to register?
When registering as a Heart Hero participant, June 1st is the last day to register for Lawyers Have Heart if you wish to receive your swag bag prior to race day. The last day to register as a Free Digital Participant or a $49 Heart Hero participant is June 13. If you register as a Heart Hero participant between the dates of June 2 and June 13, you will receive your swag bag after race day.
How does my registration fee make an impact?
Your registration goes toward funding our lifesaving mission which is more important now than ever as we work to keep our communities healthy. Your contribution is critical as we fund research and health initiatives in our community, and in our effort to respond to the coronavirus pandemic and its long-term effects on the health of our community.
Can I still get my event t-shirt, race bib and medal?
Participants registered as a Digital Participant (FREE) will not receive these items. Participants registered as a Heart Hero ($49) will have all these items shipped directly to you.
Where will I be able to pick up my t-shirt and race medal?
When registering as a Heart Hero ($49), your t-shirt, race medal and bib will be shipped directly to you before race day.
I registered for the race but can no longer attend. Can I get a refund?
Unfortunately, refunds cannot be offered. The 31st Annual Lawyers Have Heart will be a digital experience, so you would still be able to run where you are!
Am I guaranteed a t-shirt with registration?
You are only guaranteed a t-shirt if you register as a Heart Hero participant.
Am I guaranteed my self-designated t-shirt size?
Yes, however, t-shirts are ordered well in advance of the race so make sure you register prior to June 1st, 2021 to receive your race t-shirt prior to race day! Additional shirts will be ordered after race day, so in the chance that you don't make the June 1st deadline, you will still receive your race shirt after race day.
Are t-shirt sizes gender specific?
Are kid’s t-shirts available with registration?
No. All t-shirts and technical running shirts are adult sizes.
Online, I can only donate $25 or more. Why? And where can I make a smaller one?
The AHA appreciates any size donation. Online donations are required to be $25 or more to offset the cost of processing.
However, we are happy to take smaller donations in the form of cash or checks. Those can be mailed/made payable to:
American Heart Association
ATTN: Lawyers Have Heart
4601 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 700
Arlington, VA 22203
Are registration costs for the race tax deductible?
No. Registration costs cover goods and services for the race. The fair market value is equal to the cost of registration; therefore, they are not tax deductible. Any donation made above the cost of registration is 100% tax deductible. Please consult your tax attorney for further information.
Do I have to fundraise to participate in LHH?
No, you do not have to fundraise to participate. During the registration process, a $150 fundraising goal is associated with each person. That goal is not required, but highly encouraged. All proceeds go directly to the American Heart Association and you will be helping us support our mission; to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives.
Coupon Codes and Discounts
What’s a “coupon code”? How’s that different from a “discount code”?
Coupon codes are an arrangement for a firm/company to pay (in part of in full) their employee’s registration for the race. If your company is interested in providing a coupon code for its employees, contact Patricia Hevia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discount codes range from 10-15% off current registration prices and offered through e-blasts and social media. These discounts usually occur around holidays (Valentine’s Day, April Fool’s Day, St. Patty’s Day, etc.). Follow us on social media so you don’t miss an opportunity to save!
When do coupon codes expire?
Coupon codes will expire on June 1st.